Netflix: Wicked Hard Decisions (Watch video.)
- Learn how to make great decisions about the hardest things: people, product, and business.
- This is “inside baseball,” revealing the decision-making process behind some of Netflix' toughest decisions via five "what would you do?" case studies.
- This talk reinforces the importance of strategy, data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Discover how exceptional teamwork between marketing & product creates a hard-to-copy, strategic advantage.
- Learn how Netflix built a brand that more than 100M people love today, as well as the mistakes made along the way.
- Apply two positioning and branding models to your product, company, and brand.
- Learn the technical skills of a product manager, plus the leadership skills required as you grow.
- See how a highly strategic, "hacking" approach builds momentum in your career.
- Accelerate career progress through your own "personal board of directors."
- Find out how to move beyond "customer focus" to satisfy inherently unsatisfiable consumers
- Learn how to combine four sources of consumer insight to delight customers
- Put the techniques into practice with a modern-day Netflix case
- Learn how to set yourself up in the right place at the right time to be promoted to VP
- Understand the skills required for executives in all functions -- not just product leaders
- Explore the progression of skills you need to develop at different stages in order to scale companies.
Netflix: Personalization 202 (Watch video)
- Find out why Netflix focused on personalization as a way to delight customers in hard-to-copy, margin-enhancing ways.
- Discover how human judgement + algorithms + presentation layer tactics improve retention.
- Learn the “Inside Baseball” of the $1 million Netflix Prize and how it improved collaborative filtering.
- Use two models to define product strategy, tactics, and metrics to enable good, fast consumer/data-informed decisions.
- Accelerate learning and innovation pace while maintaining alignment across your organization.
- Simulate the meeting with modern-day Netflix cases.
Chegg: Wicked Hard Decisions (Watch video)
- The second "Wicked Hard Decisions" talk, focused on the textbook rental, education startup.
- Five highly interactive case studies give the inside dirt on getting from startup to IPO.
- This talk reinforces the importance of strategy, data, and intuition to inform decisions.
The Guerrilla Guide to Product Innovation
- Learn the surprisingly timeless principles of product innovation.
- Discover 10 traits of highly innovative companies like Netflix, Apple, Google, Amazon and Uber.
- Diagnose your company via an “Innovation Survey” that participants complete in advance of the presentation.