I teach, advise, and host product leadership talks & workshops worldwide. I live in San Francisco.
Click below to watch my new "Customer Obsession" talk at Nir Eyal's "Habit Summit." (NPS of 69.)
- It's time to apply to the November 15 "Product Leader Summit" in Redwood City, CA. This year we'll have 130 VP and Director-level product leaders and founders for a day of product talks and workshops. Learn more here.
- I did an interview on the NYSE floor -- the first time I was back since Chegg went public in 2013. Here is the interview for "Cheddar."
- I am now doing lots of workshops all over the world! Click here to learn more about my workshops. You can also explore the links to my public workshops, below.
Upcoming public talks & workshops
- Cleveland, Oct. 1: "Hacking Your Product Leader Career" Half-day Workshop
- Cleveland, Oct. 1-3: Industry, The Product Conference
- San Francisco, Oct. 9: Amplitude Product Conference
- Boston, Oct. 12: Unbox Conference
- Melbourne, Oct. 17: "Hacking Your Product Leader Career" 1-day Workshop.
- Melbourne, Oct. 18: Leading the Product Conference
- Sydney, Oct. 22: "Hacking Your Product Leader Career" 1-day Workshop
- Sydney, Oct. 23: Leading the Product Conference
- London, Nov. 1: Jam Conference
- London, Nov. 2: "Hacking Your Product Leader Career" 1-day Workshop
- Salt Lake City, Nov. 8: Front Conference: "How to Become a World Class Product Leader" Half-day workshop
- NYC, Nov. 10: New York Product Conference
- NYC, Nov. 12: Products That Count
- Redwood City, CA, Nov. 14: Product Leader Summit 1-day Workshop
- Redwood City, CA, Nov. 15: Product Leader Summit
- Mountain View, CA, Dec. 6: Lean Product & Lean UX Meetup
As the former VP of Product at Netflix, Chief Product Officer at Chegg, SVP Product at The Learning Company, and a Producer at Electronic Arts, I have lots of experience building world-class products, teams, and companies.
Today, I take on three day/week "Executive-In-Residence" product roles and I am an adviser to consumer tech product leaders in San Francisco, Boston, NYC, and Salt Lake City. I also teach a graduate-level entrepreneurship course at Stanford.
My wife, Kristen Hege, is a physician/scientist working to cure cancer, my daughter Kelsey, lives in Boston (and follows Mom's career path) while daughter Brit, a senior at Colby College, has career aspirations more like mine. (Read more about Brit here.)