I teach, advise, and host product leadership talks & workshops worldwide. I live in San Francisco.
Click below to watch my new "Customer Obsession" talk at Nir Eyal's "Habit Summit." (NPS of 69.)
Grab product leaders in Jakarta
- Click here to give feedback on today's "Customer Obsession" talk.
- Click here to download a PDF of today's presentation.
- Click here to read my "Customer Obsession" article.
- I did an interview on the NYSE floor -- the first time I was back since Chegg went public in 2013. Here is the interview for "Cheddar."
- I am the co-host of "Product Decoded," a podcast produced by Spero Ventures and the Product Leader Summit. In this episode, I interview Michael Sippey, the VP Product at Medium. Click here to listen.
- I published my latest article, "How Netflix's Customer Obsession Created a Customer Obsession" on Medium. Click here to read the article.
Upcoming public talks & workshops
- Cleveland, Oct. 1-3: Industry, The Product Conference
- San Francisco, Oct. 9: Amplitude Product Conference
- Boston, Oct. 12: Unbox Conference
- Melbourne, Oct. 17: "Hacking Your Product Leader Career" 1-day Workshop.
- Melbourne, Oct. 18: Leading the Product Conference
- Sydney, Oct. 22: "Hacking Your Product Leader Career" 1-day Workshop
- Sydney, Oct. 23: Leading the Product Conference
- London, Nov. 1: Jam Conference
- London, Nov. 2: "Hacking Your Product Leader Career" 1-day Workshop
- Salt Lake City, Nov. 8: Front Conference: "How to Become a World Class Product Leader" Half-day workshop
- NYC, Nov. 10: New York Product Conference
- NYC, Nov. 12: Products That Count
- Redwood City, CA, Nov. 14: Product Leader Summit 1-day Workshop
- Redwood City, CA, Nov. 15: Product Leader Summit
- Mountain View, CA, Dec. 6: Lean Product & Lean UX Meetup
As the former VP of Product at Netflix, Chief Product Officer at Chegg, SVP Product at The Learning Company, and a Producer at Electronic Arts, I have lots of experience building world-class products, teams, and companies.
Today, I take on three day/week "Executive-In-Residence" product roles and I am an adviser to consumer tech product leaders in San Francisco, Boston, NYC, and Salt Lake City. I also teach a graduate-level entrepreneurship course at Stanford.
My wife, Kristen Hege, is a physician/scientist working to cure cancer, my daughter Kelsey, lives in Boston (and follows Mom's career path) while daughter Brit, a senior at Colby College, has career aspirations more like mine. (Read more about Brit here.)